Friday, June 25, 2010

A Surprise Tag on my Front Door


The other day, I arrived home after running some errands and there was a tag on my front door. I thought it was a notice perhaps telling me that a package had arrived, although I was not expecting one.

Then, I looked closer and realized that people from a local church, First Baptist Church of Chalmette, had left me a message informing me that visitors had come and prayed for my home and its inhabitants. What a wonderful idea! I felt so blessed.

That special gesture made me realize that I needed to start a blog to tell people that I would join them in prayer if they needed it. Sometimes we are lucky that life seems to “glide along” as if we had an unlimited supply of spiritual gasoline. But other times, there are obstacles in our way. They can come in the form of bills, family illness, and other issues. At those times, it is comforting to know that there are others who would be happy to join us in prayer.

No, I won’t be placing a tag on your door, but I would be happy to pray for you.

If you would like to come here for inspiration, please make yourself at home often and join me in gratefulness for all that the Lord has done for us.

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea!

    I am so grateful for the Lord and all he does for me. He lifts my many burdons everyday. I can handle any trial that comes my way, because Christ has already suffered it and is with me the entire way through my journey.

    My favorite quote:
    Because someone we love is in Heaven, we feel Heaven in our home.

    Through the loss of my son, I feel closer to heaven and know that he is conversing with those on the other side in my behalf.

    Again...great idea!

    Colleen
    http://heroesinheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen,
    That is a beautiful quote and honestly, I never thought of that before...It truly is a comfort. I hope that others who have had a loss will read this and be inspired by your words because your inner strength brings so much to so many. I just can't imagine how many countless lives your will reach through your faith and amazing testimony.
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention - please sign me up for the drawing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    I tried to post earlier but don't see the post here. Just wanted to say I'm glad you "accidently" found my blog. I have signed on to Follow you on this Blog. Glad to meet you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so cool! I need someone to pray around my house. :) The evil of satan is pushing his way into my family in so many ways. I am so numb that I have such a hard time praying, it feels like it's just bouncing right back at me. God is being so quiet so I don't know what his plan is to heal and make life better. I only pray that his plan is to protect and make this family a family again and my husband well. So I sit and wait on the Lord and only hope he wants for me what I want and need. Hugs Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat thing to have happen--and incidentally, thought I visited your other blog through the "sisterhood", I didn't realize you were in Louisiana. Although we're in Gerogia temporarily due my husband's job, DeRidder is home for us, and I'll be heading back that way in another couple of months. Good to get to "know" you!

    Charlene @ A Virtuous Woman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy,
    Thank you so much for coming by my place, and for your prayers. Isn't God's timing wonderful?

    This will be a wonderful way to reach out to people, (the tag and your blog).

    Talk again soon.

    blessings
    barbara jean
    PS love your together blog too. I'll be back. =)

    ReplyDelete