Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Praying for Friends


Linda's Front Porch

Guest Artist: Linda
http://itsy-bits-and-pieces.blogspot.com/

Last week was a time full of surprises! One day I went out to the mailbox and there was a box of incredible treasures from our guest artist, Linda. Here is a picture of just one of the items she sent me that she had made and I wanted to share it with you.



Little did she know when she sent it that I was in the midst of making a nesting piece myself, so I knew for sure that somehow we were so connected, not only as artists, but more importantly, as friends.

It made me think of all the people we meet on here and how we share our days and little happenings, our feelings, and everything else that goes on in our lives. But, in the midst of it, we make friends that may know us even better than our neighbors do...We get excited for each other when things are going well...We cry together when one of us is going through something...

And even more than that--our voices can be heard. Someone cares what we think, how we are doing, and how we are feeling. How miraculous is that? It is a big world but we have been so blessed to know others who pray with us--who “get” us and who share in a spirit of “I wish you the best in life.” Isn’t that a miracle?



I think this is an important day to take a few minutes and pray for all the friends you have made through your blogging adventures. I am going to do that and I hope you will do it too....In this way, I believe we will create a “circle of love” that will go around the globe! How amazing is that?

Just as birds take flight and are not limited by location, our prayers have no boundaries and can affect the lives of all those we pray for.

I hope you will go visit Linda's blog--but give yourself lots of time because you won't believe the treasures she has on there! She has so many vintage pieces and they're also available in her Etsy shop...For those of you who are artists, you won't believe what you'll find!

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Cindy. I can only say "Amen" to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR PRECIOUS CINDY,
    BEAUTIFUL POST. I HAVE GONE BACK AND READ ALL THE POSTS I HAVE MISSED WITH ALL THE TALENTED ARTISTS AND YOUR ANOINTED WORDS AND GIVING HEART.ANYONE NOT READING THIS BLOG IS MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH WEALTH OF WISDOM AND BEAUTIFULLY CREATED TREASURES. I JUST ADORE YOU.
    HUGS AND LOVE
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post today, Cindy, and oh so true. Keeping you in thought and prayer. Friendship hugs and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Cindy, you are the sweetest! You've touched my heart with your kindness! I couldn't agree more about friendship and the wonderful people I have met blogging! You are the best! XOXO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, this is a wonderful post today and I agree with you about all of the incredible friends I have made in my blogging.

    I wish you would do a Peace Globe for Peace. I have the banner on my blog. On Nov. 4th, 2010 Mimi, our fearless Peace Globe originator is asking all blogs to post a Peace Globe that day.

    How this began is so amazing. There are so many folks that want peace, but we still need more to fly the banner and to write about it. A sea of blue Peace Globes is her goal. Together on Nov.4th we can speak out and share a World connection for peace. You can visit Mimi at her blog at http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    I keep you and all of my dear blog friends in my prayers daily. I can't wait to read Linda's blog. Through blogging, I have come to believe that we are more alike than different. We all have the same needs and desires. Blogging frees us to not make judgements and to celebrate our differences.

    Love and Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost a tear after reading this, thinking of all the dear wonderful people I have met. I know I cant wait for each post of my friends to happen. Just a little something they share with us all. So sweet.
    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired me to pray for my blogging friends this afternoon durning my walk. I also agree with Kim about always looking forward to everyone's posts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cindy for flying the Peace Globe banner. I hope you will make one to display on your blog NOv. 4th.

    You can get all the information from Mimi's blog.

    Does your banner connect to Mimi's blog? I tried to connect through it but it did not connect. If anyone needs any help with creating a Peace Globe there are many worker bees out there that will be glad to help you make your globe. If words are matter, then this is important.

    Thanks my friend and may you encourage others to blog for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, this is so precious. What a blessing to receive such an intricate beautiful gift from your blogging friend and I couldn't agree more with your words. I take that wish with me today. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great post Cindy...I've met some wonderful ladies in blogland and it's been a real blessing. You are so right about how they rejoice when I rejoice and are sad when I am sad...but I've been blessed beyond belief and I'll gladly take time to pray for my friends. It's so worth it!!! Hope you're having a nice day today :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having a hard time posting to your sight this evening Cindy but I want to let you know that I love your post this evening. Each time I read one of your posts it makes my day a brighter and happier one. I'm so glad that we've met 'cause you really are a good friend.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cindy! That was wonderful! Now I'm even more sure why I was so drawn to your blogs. Your art is almost as beautiful as the person you are. I'm so glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete