Monday, July 19, 2010

Cycles of Life


Guest Artist: Lovey

http://fabricphotomemories.blogspot.com/


A few weeks ago, I was very blessed to discover a wonderful artist named Lovey. Her work is amazing and visiting her blog is like going on a whimsical excursion.

While I was there, I saw this picture of her with her mother who is now deceased. Indeed, it is such a loss for Lovey and I appreciate that she featured her lovely mom on her blog. Indeed, it is a way to celebrate her life and what she means to her.

It got me to thinking about the commandment to honor our fathers and mothers. But, how do we honor them? I think we honor them not only by being concerned about their well-being, but also by creating lives that they can be proud of. After all, we are the ones whom they stayed up with at night--the ones who made them realize what prayer was all about if we didn’t come home on time as teenagers.

And, for so many of us, the cycle continues...We are the ones staying up at night with our little ones or worrying when our teenagers drive their cars at night to a local movie...or are concerned when we’ve got students away at college or married children who need our advice about which colors look best in their living rooms.

The cycle of life is a beautiful path to be a part of...I am so thankful that in the midst of creating such beautiful art that Lovey introduced us to her lovely mother who was and still is an inspiration to her.

I think this leaves us with a poignant question: How can we be a greater inspiration not only to our children, but to others?

I’m going to work on that this week and am very grateful to Lovey for helping us all to contemplate this important issue in our lives.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cindy...truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Very good post...again! Big smile. I love this. Our kids are grown and in college, and I'm indeed grateful they all love the Lord. But the biggest thing to me to instill in them was never giving up. Never give up on a marriage, never give up on a difficult situation, and most of all never give up on serving God. They all played sports...so the understood the importance of keeping your eyes on the goal and never giving up during the game!
    I look forward to more of your posts!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cindy,

    this was really sweet and I loved seeing the photo of Lovey with her mother-in-law...Lovey truly looks lovely in this photograph :) :)

    I'll have to think on your question a bit. I just try my best to be a reflection of Jesus Christ in my every day life. It's hard sometimes.. I try to treat everyone the way I would want to be treated...I try to be a person of integrity and always fostering an attitude of gratitutde...and that seems to rub off on people :) :) So that's all I can think of at the moment :) :) You asked a very good question...:) :) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reminder.
    I'm off to give my Mom a call.
    So blessed to have her in my life at the age of 81. "Thank you God!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sure is an awesome reminder, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post. I follow Lovey's blog, she is such an amazing artist, and she writes straight from her heart, it's beautiful.

    xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete