Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Learning to Listen





Guest Artist: Donna

http://myshabbychateau.blogspot.com


Hi Everyone:

I couldn’t wait to show you these pictures of Donna’s...She does so many creative things...I never know what she will come up with next!

These shells got me to remembering when I was a kid and would go to the beach, pick up a shell, and listen to the sea in it...I thought it was God’s wonderful gift!

I think that is an awesome example for us to think of when we pray....You see, often prayer is like holding the shell up to our ears...Next, we need to listen and see what God wants us to do...

Whenever you are faced with one of life’s important questions, just remember these pictures of Donna’s shells and you will be reminded of how we need to listen after we have prayed.

Also, if you would like to go visit Donna to thank her for her inspiration, just click on her blog address up above!
Love,
Cindy

8 comments:

  1. I have only been privileged to visit the ocean a few times in my lifetime but every time I did and stopped and put a shell to my ear, I was mesmerized. I still don't understand it except I think it is like you say, a wonderful gift from God. Thanks for reminding me of this.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I remember when I was a child, I used to go to my grandmothers house and she had a large conch shell. I used to place it up next to my ear - so I could hear the sound of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,
    How true that we just need to listen for guidance! Sometimes it's not always an easy thing to do. I like to think of shells as little miracles. It is especially miraculous that those fragile sea urchins even survive being tumbled about by the sea! Thanks so much for including me and my shell photos in your post tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy~ This post also reminds me of a book that I once read titled "Discering God's Voice" I am almost positive that was the name... Will check for sure. Anyway it was an awesome book about listening for his voice and the different places we can hear his message and knowing the difference between what would be his message and what would not.. I know I for one have struggled with this at different times in my life. Thank you for another post that reminds me of what an awesome God I have! Will be over to visit Donna and Thank her as well.

    ~Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how true. Just learn to listen to God and also to others. I am trying to listen more and talk less....
    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the reminder Cindy! I grew up on the ocean and learned to listen at an early age. I need to remember that.
    xo, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the analogy you painted, using these beautiful shells. Too often we speak or pray to God, but don't stop long enough to listen for that 'sweet small voice' that answers us. Who enjoys a one-way conversation? I don't and I am sure the Lord doesn't either!

    Great post Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful. I enjoyed the pictures. Doylene

    ReplyDelete