Monday, August 23, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise!


Hi Everyone--

Today in my email I received this amazing altered art piece from Faye--I was so surprised. It is so beautiful and I was so deeply touched by her kindness AND talent!

Faye doesn't know it but she has always been an inspiration to me ever since I came on the internet showing my art in the past year. We would often enter different challenges and I loved her work and couldn't wait to talk to her. Why? Because she is so real.

Now for any of you who do not do artwork, let me just say that sharing art on a blog can be very intimidating. Sometimes, I'd create a piece of art I was so excited about, share it and then think, "What did I do that for?" lol And there were some artists who were totally amazing and would give such kind feedback...you've met some of them on here on this blog before because their art is great, but in addition, they are wonderful human beings. I always knew when I had met a kindred spirit.

So, I should tell you that I began this blog as a way to ask people if they needed a prayer...that was it! I had no idea that I would meet such wonderful people (like those of you reading this) and also be able to feature the work of artists that I admire not only for their work, but also for who they are as human beings.

What is my point today? It is that it's great if we just do what we do because we love it and we never know what will come about as a result. And we never know what wonderful surprises will come along on our way down that path of happiness.

If you would like to visit Faye's blog, just click this link:
http://hastingshall2.wordpress.com/

Wishing you all a beautiful day!
Hugs,
Cindy

13 comments:

  1. How neat for you to have received something special from a Sweet Blogging friend!!!
    I just had to stop by from the paint splash blog..
    She is wonderful too.
    Gods Blessings all around you and Big HUgs from me to you~~~Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS::: It is sooo awesome of you to pray for others,,,what a gift from God that is Sweetie

    I am very thankful to have come across your beautiful blog...
    More Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in awe of the talent in the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Faye too and we have been sharing thoughts and things for some time. She is a beautiful soul.

    Speaking of talents, not everybody does artwork of one kind or another but everybody has talents.
    Some are homemakers, raising a wonderful family, cooking, cleaning, sewing, singing, playing and praying. All are God given.
    I just love to make pictures and if by sharing my 'talent' it makes someone happy I am glad.
    Most artists think the same way I'm sure. We do what we do because we love it and we are only human beings like everyone else.
    Speaking personally, I don't bite and love to chat! LOL!

    A beautiful picture and post Cindy.
    Big Hugs
    June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts Cindy from two wonderful ladies. I knew June was special as soon as I talked to her. My Mom always taught me you get what you dish out. The choices you make you have to live with. She knew what she was talking about. My friends laugh at me because I talk to EVERYONE but I've never been shy and have met very interesting people. It never occurred to me not to talk to anyone.
    So glad I met you too you are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Cindy,
    How nice of Faye, what a great surprise! Love the hummingbird! It is so true what you said, just do what you love to do, and you never know what will happen as a result! My sister got me into blogging this past spring (and she held my hand as I nervously set up my blog!), and since then I have met so many wonderful, inspiring, generous and sweet ladies out there (such as yourself!).
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice of her. So many nice, sweet artists. I never realized.
    Happy day.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful picture! What people can do with photos always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful. What a wonderful and delightful surprise. I kind of know what that feels like. A very special person recently surprised me with an item in the mail too. It truly warms your heart, doesn't it? To know that someone is thinking about you and cares enough about you to send you something that they have made. It makes you feel rather blessed. It's a great feeling!

    http://wwwbobbypinsboardwalk.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-sweet-friend.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Cindy, now I am the one who is surprised!!! Thanks for showing this. I really was not expecting it. I just wanted you to know how special you are. And I want you to know how special your followers are. These are some wonderful talented people. As June says, we don't all do digital or paper art, but God has given each of us gifts to use to make this world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, you are so Blessed with so many friends!
    What a beautiful gift :)
    Love your inspiration over here from all who visit and all that you have featured as a guest posting on your site!

    You are amazing Cindy!!
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW Cindy my Sweet new Sis in Christ,,,I am grabbing your button to show on my blog...
    Hugggggggs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the altered art piece. It's very creative!!! Mixed media is one thing I'm not as skilled at...but that's okay...I LOVE knitting etc...and I can admire my friends artwork :) :) :) I was especially touched by what you said at the very end about doing what you love and seeing how God can bless us and others through it :) :) It's been on my heart quite a bit lately!!!! Hmmm...lots of ideas and not sure what to share :) :) Have a great week, Cindy!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete