Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Favorite Song

Hi Everyone--

Well, the link party is in full swing and I wanted to tell you my own favorite song and I hope that you will share yours with everyone too! Just post the name of it on your blog and hook it up to the link party below.

For over 30 years, my favorite song was “Amazing Grace.” It is a beautiful song and one I still dearly love. But, the song “Waltz Across Texas” has to be my favorite of all, maybe not for the song itself but because of the meaning of it in my life.

I guess music evokes emotions that we attach to it and when it comes on the radio somehow we are transported to another time and place...that is the magic of music.

I also love “My Girl,” but that is because it brings back memories of driving with my kids to the beach when they were little and us all singing it together in the car. And I love anything country, oldies, Frank Sinatra, Patsy Cline, Crosby,Stills, and Nash, Rod Stewart (especially Maggie May) or the Beatles (especially “She’s Got a Ticket to Ride” and “8 Days a Week”.)

Music truly is the backdrop to our lives. What a wonderful backdrop it has been to a very blessed life!

Next week, the Link Party will ask one thing--what's your favorite movie? And don't worry, if you've got more than one, add it!

I will have the drawing tonight (Friday) for the mixed media piece and it's not too late to enter. If you scroll down a few posts and see it, you can add your name to be in the drawing for this signed artwork.

Hugs,
Cindy

15 comments:

  1. Maggie May was on the radio Monday when I was driving home from work. I love that song too, I considered picking that one as my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy,
    How funny! I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is Sweet Home Alabama. I like to crank up the volume when it comes on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to my favorite song. If it is not sung at my funeral, I will know my family did not read my blog or else paid me "no nevermind" as we sometimes say in the south.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gijYFA1SS8

    Hope you have your seatbelt on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are very few songs I don't like. I grew up in a family that seemed to always be singing. So the song I picked was one that recently, touched my heart again.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Cindy!
    So sorry I have not had time to play along lately.
    store very busy, famioly gatherings etc. Just able to eek out a bit of a post each day.
    Fave song? too many to list!!

    blessings

    and hugs

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheater cheater!! You listed a bunch! Well, you did tell of your favorite. It is hard because we all have lots of favorite ones.......ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. since you cheated, I cheated and added another! Don't worry, I won't add more. We have been having a strong thunderstorm---it just moved through and it seemed to slow my connection down or something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... now you have me wanting to go back and change mine too, LOL! I love amazing grace, and we actually did an entire song service of Amazing Grace themed songs. My favorite was House of the Rising Sun with Amazing Grace. Here you go:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtu5ms3m1fs Check it out, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Kimberlee, I can't believe that video...I never realized the words fit the other tune! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, The Lamb of God is beautiful...I'd never heard it before! And the video is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pc is playing up Cindy. I sent a post this am but it's disappeared into the ether.
    Just to say I'm popping in and enjoying all the posts.
    Hugs
    June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Grace IS an amazing song!! There have been times when we've sung it in church and it has brought me to tears.

    Waltz Across Texas is fabulous as well. And, of course, ANYTHING Sinatra is fab. in my book.

    You are such a gracious and generous gal. All your lovely giveaways are a reflection of your very giving heart.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cindy,
    I couldn't name just one, but anything Vince Gill sings is a favorite, also George Strait and Merle Haggard(he's from Bakersfield, CA my home town, Buck Owens is too)
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. funny how things happen and this is an opportunity to share the talent of a dear friend who died yesterday. She had a lovely voice.
    God works in mysterious, but loving ways. Now more people will know about her and pray for her family.

    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/08/for-ginger.html
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete