Sunday, August 29, 2010

Monday Message--"If the Shoe Fits"


Guest Artist: Rosemary

http://ozmaofodds.blogspot.com/

Hi Everyone--

Let me introduce you to an amazing Paperie artist...She has such a divine blog that if you miss it, I’ll feel sad as it is like a pink and white haven! And look at this paper shoe...how dreamy is this?

I was so fortunate that Rosemary made a comment on my blog the other day, I went to see her blog and couldn’t leave!

Then, I came upon this magical slipper shoe and I thought “If the shoe fits, wear it!”

I often receive emails from people telling me that they are undecided about something. It’s as if indecision has its grip on them...Of course, my first instinct is always to say, “Go with your heart.” Then, I am reminded of the verse which says “Lean not unto your own understanding...” (I carry that with me in my Bible pouch.)

But, back to the “shoe fitting”....Often when we are faced with indecision it is because we are about to embark on a new phase of life’s journey. That is when it is time for prayer, maybe listing the pros and cons on paper, and ultimately listening to that “still small voice inside of us.”

I would like to tell you a personal story....Years ago, I owned my own record label...I was very active in the children’s music industry. One day, a friend of mine called and was talking about how she had gone back to college. She assumed that I had my degree, but I didn’t. So, she said, “Why don’t you go back to school?” I was 44 at the time....I said, “Oh my gosh, I can’t do that! I’ll be 47 by the time I finish.”

She said, “Well, look at it this way--would you rather be 47 with a degree or without one?” Brilliant!

So, I went and signed up, got my degree and also completed my Master’s while I was at it. The whole academic decision was decided on a whim. AND it was so fun! I loved the classes, the teachers, the students! Pure joy--except statistics..lol. (Although the teacher was amazing!)

Anyway, if you are ever faced with indecision, just think about this precious shoe, and if you think “The shoe fits” and a change will benefit you--go for it! Let me say, even if things don’t turn out as planned, we LEARN from every experience. That is part of life.

Thank you Rosemary for sharing this beautiful creation...what a treasure!

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful creation, and a very inspiring story, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for several weeks and enjoying it very much. Loved the post, the paper shoe is so pretty, and I will have to check out her blog as well. Liked your analogy of "If the shoe fits wear it". What did you get your Masters in?
    Many Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful creation an wonderful story.
    Joy & Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday morning dear Cindy.
    Love your post with the story if the shoe fits. I'm now off to drool over Rosemary's blog....
    Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh cindy,hun what a wonderful post,I also must tell you soon about when I went back to collage,too but that shoe is just so beautiful,will have to check it out hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy,
    Great advise! How awesome that you followed thru with school and went on for your Master"s! I love the shoe! So creative! I will be sure to check out Rosemary's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy,
    That is wonderful. Sherry said Hi and hopes to be back to blogland soon. Have a great day,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...thank you dear one for being inspired by my little paperie fairy shoe ~ and then to turn it around and inspire us ~ BRILLIANT!!!

    I so get this "if the shoe fits". I believe we must remain open to the possibilities in our EVERY DAY lives!! No two roads are the same journeys and we must each write our OWN story!(everyone's shoe is made just for them, hence "if the show fits~WEAR IT"!!!) We do that by the choices we make, as you did when you were presented with an idea, and then said, Why can't I??? In that one decision, you changed where you were headed which in turn brought all the many wonderful things that entered your life because of that one decision!! God's has nothing but the best in mind for each and every one of us, all we need to ask ourselves is, Will this choice/decision help shape me into the very best I can be, so that I will in turn be a positive influence???
    biggest squeezes new friend!!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cindy, what a great post, and good advice! Hope you can join in on my new inspiration party, I'd love to have you!!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful story, Cindy, to go along with the beautiful shoe. I didn't like statistics either, but I loved all the other math courses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, love to read your inspirational experience. I hope it will help many of us to carry out when we can't decide which way to go.. thanks a lot.
    Sid

    ReplyDelete