Tuesday, August 3, 2010

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You


Guest Artist: Dayle

Writer/Photographer

When I first saw Dayle’s wonderful blog, I was so inspired. Her writing and photography are so delightful and exude a true sense of wonder. This stepping stone makes one not only feel at home in her garden, but also exemplifies her life of faith. When I saw the words on it, “The Lord bless you and keep you,” I thought of everyone who visits this blog. That is my wish for all of you.

But, indeed, God is already doing that. For whatever we have, it is because of Him--the clothes we wear, the houses we live in, the food we eat. All of it has been provided by a loving Father who meets our needs and is attentive to our prayers. Everything we have, we owe to him.

And how can we show gratitude for all He does? We can show our appreciation by expressing our gratitude verbally in prayer. We don’t have to wait to win the lottery to be grateful. We should be grateful every day--grateful that we can wake up to a new day filled with hope...grateful for family and friends who enrich our lives...grateful for a chance to share our faith with others. The list goes on and on.

As we walk on the road in life, not only is it important to “smell the roses,” but it is also important to take time to ponder higher ideals. That is what Dayle did when she took this photograph. She took the time to pass that beautiful message on to others who could be inspired by it. And now, this professional photographer and writer has been generous enough to share her work with all of us here.

As I walk through this day doing errands, talking to others and working on projects, I will think of this stepping stone and the message that it carries on it. With every step, I will try to be a shining example of what God wants me to be. Thank you, Dayle, for this enchanting reminder.

To visit her blog, go to: http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/

Also, if you would like to be entered into my new drawing for the Once Upon a Time mixed media piece, just scroll down and leave me a message there--thanks!


Hugs,
Cindy

11 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Cindy, I always want to be grateful...this is a nice reminder to pray without ceasing...Lovely stepping stone, Dayle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, sweet Cindy, for featuring my stepping stone photograph today. Your accompanying words touched my heart and reminded me of the wonderful friends who've come along in the world of blogging. May God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so beautiful! And so true! Cindy, you are one of the blessings from God. What a blessing to have you as a friend!

    By the way, if you get a chance, could you take a look at my blog and let me know what you think... I changed the title, got a header, and edited the template.... and I'm super excited about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot to say that it is all thanks to you... because you gave me the idea to pick my favorite word... which I used in my new blog title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! We have so much for which to be grateful. Thanks for sharing the lovely stepping stone with the special message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post Cindy! And what a great reminder that we should all be truly grateful for what we have and to thank God, the creator of us all for what we do have and not lament over what we don't.

    Hugs XXXX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are very inspiring, you have so many wonderful gifts. Hope your having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the words on that picture!!! so nice!!! You're a sweetheart and I love how you inspire us, too!!! Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Cindy
    Great post.
    I am at a place right now where I am so grateful for good health, a great marriage, and a close walk with Him. And I am asking the Lord that I might keep that attitude of thankfulness when the troubles come too. Which, in this life, they will.
    We serve an awesome and loving God!

    blessings on your day

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post Cindy and love your CD.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete